– Executive Vice-President, Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Laura Jones is Chief Strategic Officer and Executive Vice-President of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB), a non-profit association that advocates for 110,000 independent businesses across Canada. She is responsible for CFIB’s legislative, communications, research, and marketing functions.
Since joining CFIB in 2003, Ms. Jones has spearheaded several high-profile campaigns on behalf of small businesses, including creating CFIB’s annual Red Tape Awareness WeekTM and Small Business Every Day Campaign. She has authored a number studies on regulation, including papers for the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the Mercatus Centre, and CFIB.
Ms. Jones has been providing advice to Canadian governments on effective regulatory reform for more than a decade served on several federal and provincial regulatory committees. Currently, she serves as Chair of the federal External Advisory Committee on Regulatory Competitiveness. She is currently on the board of the Macdonald-Laurier Institute and CFIB.
Ms. Jones received her B.A. in Economics from Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts, and her M.A. in Economics from Simon Fraser University. She and her husband live in Vancouver with their three spirited children.
Recent Research by Laura Jones
- Executive Summary
- Read the Full Publication
- Chapter 1: Getting to a Four-Day Work Week Through Faster Productivity Growth
- Chapter 2: Towards a More Productive and United Canada
- Chapter 3: Barriers to Entry and Productivity Growth
- Chapter 4: The Drag on Productivity from Excessive Regulation
- Chapter 5: The Importance of Labour Market Mobility to Productivity Growth
- Chapter 6: Promoting Productivity Growth by Encouraging Innovation
- Chapter 7: Enhancing Productivity Growth by Encouraging Entrepreneurship
- Chapter 8: Entrepreneurial Finance and Productivity in Different Institutional Contexts
- Chapter 9: Increasing Productivity Through Tax Reform
- Chapter 10: Putting Government on a Financial Diet
- Chapter 11: Government Size and Economic Growth
- View the Infographic: A Fiscal Anchor Will Promote Faster Growth
- View the Infographic: Potential Gains From Eliminating Interprovincial Trade Barriers
- View the Infographic: Barriers to Trade Harm Growth
- View the Infographic: Excessive Regulation Hampers Productivity
- View the Infographic: Increasing Productivity Through Tax Reform
- View the Infographic: Entrepreneurship
- Read the News Release