– Adjunct Scholar, Fraser Institute
Matthew Lau is an adjunct scholar at the Fraser Institute and fellow with the Montreal Economic Institute. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Toronto. His commentaries on a wide range of issues including fiscal policy, climate change and employment regulations have appeared in major Canadian newspapers including the National Post, Toronto Sun and Vancouver Sun.
Recent Research by Matthew Lau
- Chapter 1: When is it Appropriate to Run Budget Deficits?
- Chapter 2: James M. Buchanan and the Political Economy of Debt Financing
- Chapter 3: Low Interest Rates and the Cost of Government Debt
- Chapter 4: Canada's Budget and Deficit Cuts in the Late 20th Century: An Amazing Success Story
- Read the News Release - Chapter 1 and 2
- Read the News Release - Chapter 3 and 4