– Adjunct Scholar, Fraser Institute
Adjunct Scholar, Fraser Institute
Matthew Lau is an adjunct scholar at the Fraser Institute and writes regularly for the Financial Post. His writing covers a wide range of subjects, including fiscal policy, economic theory, climate change, and government regulation. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a specialization in finance and economics from the University of Toronto, and is a CFA charterholder.
Recent Research by Matthew Lau
— Jan 20, 2023
— Jun 8, 2022
- Chapter 1: When is it Appropriate to Run Budget Deficits?
- Chapter 2: James M. Buchanan and the Political Economy of Debt Financing
- Chapter 3: Low Interest Rates and the Cost of Government Debt
- Chapter 4: Canada's Budget and Deficit Cuts in the Late 20th Century: An Amazing Success Story
- Read the News Release - Chapter 1 and 2
- Read the News Release - Chapter 3 and 4